Monday 29 April 2013

Making a HUD

I'm currently sat here, in early, waiting for the presentation, and it's been thrown at me in the last second to throw a HUD together in time for today's presentation! Oh the joys. So, I've made some simple sprites to show the player buttons and made a coin* collectable, I'll post them below (might be long!)



A simple UI to show controls (Y changes depending on dimension)

I threw this together pretty quickly, Since I don't have much time until the presentation, but I think it looks perfectly fine.






Well that post looks ugly, but hey! They game is fast paced, and switching dimensions might get confusing, so in the top left corner of the HUD we will have these icons displaying with buttons (on an Xbox pad) switches you into which dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment